Not just for petrolheads
The book is about so much more than cars and motorsport. Amongst other things you’ll also read about:
- Eric’s early life in Barnsley, Yorkshire, in the 1920s and 30s
- His meeting with a mobster in New York in 1956
- His army exploits during and after the war
- The famous Guinness bottles (now there’s a teaser for you!)
- Owen McCallum, the white hunter
- Charlie Kelly, the Brooklyn cop
- What song Eric taught to Liberace on the Queen Mary
- Pete the signwriter – could he tell the future?
- How Eric grew his business from two old nissen huts to the largest privately owned Ford dealership in Europe
- What didn’t happen with the Shell tankers
- The tootle to Timbuktu
- Stunt driving in Hollywood
- Being wired up by the cops in Fort Lauderdale
Oh, and much, much more!